FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 3, 2018
CONTACT: Elaine Gilligan
Director, Marketing & Communications
Northern Virginia Chamber Announces 2018 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards Nominees
Tysons, Va. – The Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce (Northern Virginia Chamber) today announced the nominees for the 2018 Outstanding Corporate Citizenship Awards to be presented at the organization’s Annual Chairman’s Luncheon on Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at the Ritz Carlton Tysons Corner.
Presented across seven categories, the awards honor extraordinary business leadership and above-and-beyond corporate social responsibility (CSR). The nominations period took place from January - April 2018. An independent selection committee reviewed the applications. From the selected pool of nominees, judges chose finalists and winners who will be announced live at the event.
This year’s nominees are:
Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Large Business)
- Capital One Financial Corporation
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield
- Glory Days Grill
- Great American Restaurants
- Hogan Lovells
- K2M Group Holdings, Inc.
- Volkswagen Group of America
Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Mid-Size Business)
- Acumen Solutions
- The Ambit Group
- Apple Federal Credit Union
- Criterion Systems
- Eagle Bank
- Knight Point Systems
- Northwest Federal Credit Union
- AM LLC
- Bart & Associates
- Duty First Consulting
- Fairfield Technologies Inc.
- Federal Acquisition Strategies, LLC
- GCubed Inc.
- Karin’s Florist
- Language on Demand
- M2 Strategy
- Monument Wealth Management
- Reinventing Geospatial, Inc.
- ThunderCat Technology
- Washington Group Special Care Planning Team
- Worldgate LLC
Non-Profit of the Year
- All Ages Read Together
- American Heart Association
- Bringing Resources to Aid Women's Shelters
- Capitol Post
- Community Residences, Inc.
- The GradInvolve Program
- Leadership Fairfax
- Medical Care for Children Partnership Foundation
- Miriam’s Kitchen
- PenFed Foundation
- Second Story
- SevaTruck Foundation
- The SkillSource Group, Inc.
- Sliding Doors STEM & Dyslexia Learning Center
- The Sequoia Project
- Volunteer Fairfax
- Washington Regional Alcohol Program
- Wesley Housing Development Corporation of Northern Virginia
- The Women’s Center
- The Workhouse Arts Foundation Inc.
- Arlington County Police Department
- Diversion First Stakeholder Group
- Fairfax County Economic Development Authority
- Fairfax County Office of Public Private Partnerships
- Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
Executive Leader of the Year
- Deborah Ames Naylor, President of Mortgage Banking, PenFed Credit Union
- Eric Major, Chairman, CEO & President, K2M Group Holdings, Inc.
- Jay Sunny Bajaj, Founder & CEO, Digital Management, Inc.
- Jonathan Evans, President, Bart & Associates
- Mariann Yeager, CEO, The Sequoia Project
- Dr. Molly Lynch, Provost, Manassas Campus of Northern Virginia Community College
- Promod Sharma, President & CEO, Criterion Systems
- Timothy Lyden, Partner, Northern Virginia, Hogan Lovells
Emerging Influential of the Year
- Ashwood Heffern, Secretary’s Office of Global Partnerships, U.S. Department of State
- Charles Thomas, Jr., Vice President- Organizational Effectiveness & People Operations, Data Intelligence & Radio Co-Host
- Josh Stillman, Director of Financial Planning, Capitol Financial Consultants
- Kristyn Burr, Executive Director, HomeAid Northern Virginia
- Lane Major, Chief Operating Officer, K2M Group Holdings, Inc.
- Lucy Beadnell, Director of Advocacy, The Arc of Northern Virginia
- Melaine Privitera, Founder & CEO, Mobius
- Patrick King, Founder & CEO, Imagine
- Rebecca Geller, President & CEO, The Geller Law Group
- Ryan Conrad, CEO, Northern Virginia Association of Realtors®
- Stephen Gillotte, President & CEO, Reinventing Geospatial, Inc.
The event will also honor the leadership of 2017-2018 Chair Harry Klaff, Managing Director, JLL and welcome 2018-2019 Chair Jennifer Siciliano, Vice President, Government Relations, Inova.
In addition, the event will honor and recognize Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce President & CEO, Jim Corcoran for his contributions and leadership during his eight year tenure as Chamber President & CEO.
Presented to an individual for extraordinary efforts to move Northern Virginia forward
- Stephen Fuller, Dwight Schar Faculty Chair and University Professor Director, Stephen S. Fuller Institute for Research on the Washington Region’s Economic Future, Schar School of Policy and Government
- Linda Mathes, CEO, American Red Cross in the National Capital Area
Lifetime Achievement Awards
Presented by past Chamber Chairs to individuals for lifelong leadership and service to the Northern Virginia business community
- Todd Stottlemyer, CEO, Inova Center for Personalized Health
More information about the Awards can be found at www.novachamber.org.
About the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce: The Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce (Northern Virginia Chamber), The Voice of Business in Northern Virginia™, is the preeminent Northern Virginia membership organization for businesses to grow through relationship building and partnership engagement throughout the Greater Washington region. 700 organizations and 500,000 employees strong, the Northern Virginia Chamber is the largest chamber of commerce in Northern Virginia and has been working hand-in-hand with regional businesses, government, and academia to build a robust and innovative business community for more than 90 years. To learn more about the Northern Virginia Chamber, please visit http://www.novachamber.org and follow the Northern Virginia Chamber on Twitter: @NOVAChamber and @NOVAChamber_CEO.