How long have you been a member of the Fairfax Chamber of Commerce?
We have been proud members of the Chamber for 35 years, since 1980.
Why do you continue to engage with the Fairfax Chamber through Chamber membership?
ServiceSource, as a disability community resource, knows we can best serve the community by connecting and involving people in our mission. The Fairfax Chamber of Commerce helps us connect to local businesses through community events and networking opportunities. Our connection with the Chamber furthers our mission to deliver exceptional services to individuals with disabilities through innovative and valued employment, training, habilitation, housing and support services. Through strategic use of the resources provided by the Chamber we have continued to grow our presence as a nonprofit disability resource here in the Fairfax community for the last 35 years.
What advice would you give to new members on how to get the most of Fairfax Chamber membership?
You get back from your Chamber membership what you give. Get your employees involved in the events and workshops offered by the chamber. Not only does it provide excellent networking opportunities but the events are interesting and informative as well.
Why should other companies join the Chamber?
The Fairfax Chamber an influential leader in Northern Virginia. Being a part of the larger business community helps local businesses get involved and invested in the community in which they operate. It is an easy way to keep your finger on the pulse of the local business environment and issues.
In your opinion, what is the most valuable part of being a member of the Fairfax Chamber?
The most valuable part of being a Chamber member is the access to businesses, federal, state, and local government officials, educational, non-profits and other institutions in one central location. The connection to the chamber makes it easy and enjoyable to strengthen existing community partnerships and forge new ones. Our vision at ServiceSource, to provide the highest quality services to individuals with disabilities through community partnerships, is mirrored by the mission of the Chamber to bring different local organizations together.
How can readers find out more about ServiceSource?
They can visit our website and follow our Facebook and Twitter pages to stay apprised of current ServiceSource news.
1. Name: Sam Ashraf
2. Title: Information Systems Manager
3. Hometown: Punjab, Pakistan
4. What brought you to the DC Metro area? Career opportunities
5. When did you start at the Chamber? October 2013
6. What is the first thing you do when you get to the office? Check e-mails and voice messages
7. What is your favorite part of your job? Learning something new almost every sing day
8. Tell us one of your goals for this year. (Ex. attend more council meetings): Become CAPM certified
9. Who is someone that you would love to meet (living or dead)? Chuck Norris
10. What are some of your hobbies outside of the office? Ultimate frisbee, tennis, table tennis.
11. In your opinion, why is the Fairfax Chamber a great membership organization? Because of the staff and the amount of energy and time our team puts into helping business.
12. How can we reach you? (phone, email, social media, etc.) firstname.lastname@example.org