FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 7, 2017
Director, Communications & Marketing
Northern Virginia Chamber to Host 2017 Gov Con Symposium
Tysons, Va. – The Northern Virginia Chamber will host 2017 Gov Con Symposium: Post Transition Centers of Gravity on Tuesday, February 21, 2017, from 7:30 – 11:30 AM at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner (7920 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, Virginia 22102). The event will focus on the new administration and its implications on the government contracting industry over the next two fiscal years.
Dr. John Hillen, George Mason University, will moderate a keynote presentation featuring an interview with Joe Jordan, CEO of FedBid and former Administrator, Office Federal Procurement Policy and Associate Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration. Following the keynote, guests will attend breakout panels focused on government leadership, strategies for driving value in mergers and acquisitions, and business strategies for the new administration’s initiatives.
Government Leaders – how can the new administration and the government contracting industry come together to further innovate and collaborate
- Erin Andrew, Assistant Administrator, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Christopher Harrington, Director, Office of Small Business Programs, U.S. Special Operations Command
- John McGinn, Ph.D., Principal Deputy Director, Manufacturing & Industrial Base Policy, U.S. Department of Defense
- Bill Zielinski, Deputy Assistant Commissioner, Category Management, U.S. General Services Administration
- Moderator: Rich Gross, Esq., Partner, Fluet Huber + Hoang PLLC
Strategies for Driving Value – how to pivot in the post-transition environment to address new opportunities and improve investment strategies
- Matt Calderone, Senior Vice President, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Timothy Conway, President, Public Sector, NTT DATA Inc.
- Michael Lustbader, Managing Partner, Arlington Capital Partners
- Moderator: John Song, Managing Director, Aerospace Defense Government Group, Houlihan Lokey
Centers of Gravity – navigating the post-transition marketplace to identify future contracting opportunities and develop strategies to pursue them
- Introductions: Greg Wheeless, SVP, Regional Manager, Government Services Group, Wells Fargo Capital Finance
- Sandy Corbett, Founder & CEO, InCadence Strategic Solutions
- Kevin Kelly, CEO, LGS Innovations
- Brad Schwartz, President & CEO, Blue Canopy Group, LLC
- Julian Setian, CEO, SOS International
- Moderator: Dara Castle, Managing Partner, Washington Metro Offices, RSM US LLP
Follow the event on Twitter @NOVAChamber and #GovCon. Registration is available online. Entry is $100 for Northern Virginia Chamber members and $125 for non-members.
Members of the media who plan to cover the event should contact Northern Virginia Chamber Director, Communications and Marketing, Alex Thompson, email@example.com, to register.
About the Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce: The Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce (Northern Virginia Chamber), The Voice of Business in Northern Virginia™, represents local employers with more than 500,000 regional employees. The Northern Virginia Chamber is the leader in advancing innovative solutions to the region’s priorities in transportation, education, workforce, and economic opportunity. For 90-plus years, the Northern Virginia Chamber has been working hand-in-hand with companies in the region to build a strong business community. To learn more about the Northern Virginia Chamber, please visit http://www.novachamber.org and follow the Northern Virginia Chamber on Twitter: @NOVAChamber and @NOVAChamber_CEO.