a. Alex Chagouris
a. Director of Communications and Marketing
a. Baltimore, MD—Go Ravens!!
4. What brought you to the DC Metro area?
a I went to the University of Maryland for undergrad and eventually migrated south to Arlington for work. I also completed my graduate degree at Georgetown University. I love the educational and career opportunities that this area provides.
5. When did you start at the Chamber?
a. July 2014
6. What is the first thing you do when you get to the office?
a. Check the Chamber social media accounts, plug in my iPhone, and drink a cup of coffee or tea.
7. What is your favorite part of your job?
a. I have enjoyed learning about the various industries represented by our member companies. There are industries that I never thought I would have the chance to learn about or be involved with. It’s really exciting and extremely unique.
8. Tell us one of your goals for this year.
a. My goal this year is to attend more council and advocacy meetings to better understand our members’ business goals. As the director of communications it’s essential that I understand everything going on in the Chamber.
9. Who is someone that you would love to meet (living or dead)?
a. As a business woman, I would love to meet Ivanka Trump. She is smart, sophisticated, successful and stylish. I would ask her how she balances her work and personal life, all while maintaining an impeccable personal presentation.
10. What are some of your hobbies outside of the office?
a. I love staying active and being outdoors; I just started running in 5ks. I am also a huge foodie and the DC region has no shortage of delicious and creative restaurants. I’ve also stayed active as an alumna in my sorority. I am a marketing advisor for Alpha Phi at the University of Maryland and I am a member of our Northern Virginia Alumnae Chapter.
11. In your opinion, why is the Fairfax Chamber a great membership organization?
a. Connections! I didn’t even realize it until I started working here, but we have so many connections not just in Fairfax County, but across the entire Washington, DC region. Our staff also works tirelessly to provide the best services and programming to our members. You really can’t beat that.
12. How can we reach you? (Phone, email, social media, etc.) 703.752.7526, email@example.com, @AlexChagouris on Twitter, Alex Chagouris on LinkedIn