Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Small Business) Nominee
1. Why do you believe CSR strategy is important for a company?
Evans’ CSR philosophy directly relates to our mission: Smart leaders conquering complex challenges with a human-centered approach. Participation on the Evans’ CSR team provides leadership opportunities and an opportunity for employees to exercise their passions while creating ROI - Real Operational Impact toward causes that are important to them.
2. Do you believe that the CSR work you participate in should be affiliated with the work you/your company does?
At Evans we have found a unique balance with what we do as an organization and the strengths of our employees. The alignment of interests provides the platform for what we can help accomplish within our community. Employees can also explore CSR passions in areas outside specific Evans’ affiliations, such as sports, scouts, and religious groups.
3. What makes your company stand out compared to other companies participating in CSR?
Evans strives to make CSR activities fun. For example, Evans provides a charitable twist to March Madness participation whereby the company offers $250 to the bracket winner to donate in their name to the local charity of their choice. In 2016, the winner donated to AFAC. In the spirit of competition, Evans also matches food drive donation with financial contributions.
4. Do you believe contributing back to the community allows your company to have a deeper connection with its clients/customers?
One of the great joys in life can be finding a common community bond. To share a passion, whether as individuals or as organizations, unites us and creates that sense of family, of belonging.
5. What are some events or causes that inspire you and your team?
Evans is proud of its contributions to the community. In 2015, Evans Incorporated:
6. What advice would you give to companies trying to participate in CSR?
Listen to and follow the hearts of your employees.