Outstanding Corporate Citizen of the Year (Small Business)
1. Why do you believe CSR strategy is important for a company?
CSR is a way for companies and employees to feel good about themselves and they benefit the community. Employees enjoy working for companies that make the extra effort to help others. Being socially responsible can help you engage and market yourself in ways that allow potential clients to view your community service and feel good about utilizing your goods and services.
2. Do you believe that the CSR work you participate in should be affiliated with the work you/your company does?
We do not believe the CRS work that we participate in needs to be related to the work we do. However, it becomes more meaningful to our employees if there is that connection. As we provide family law representation we also try to give back to struggling families through volunteer efforts designed to help families in need.
3. What makes your company stand out compared to other companies participating in CSR?
We stand out from other companies due to the variety, amount of time and resources we donate to our community.
4. Do you believe contributing back to the community allows your company to have a deeper connection with its clients?
Giving back to the community has allowed us to continue to maintain our reputation as one the leaders in family law services.
5. What are some events or causes that inspire you and your team?
Our team is inspired when we are able to come up with ideas to help others, especially children. Our employees are always excited about being able to volunteer to help at the homeless shelter, to provide meals to the residents. Or to host holiday parties for the children in residence there. At Christmas our team steps up to "adopt" children on their own to buy Christmas gifts for, and we always have a lot of volunteers to shop for the kids that the Firm "adopts" as well. Even after the events it is the main source of talk around the office for weeks.
6. What advice would you give to companies trying to participate in CSR?
Companies trying to participate in CSR need to focus in areas that are of interest to all employees. It is not just about contributing dollars but being willing to take a leadership role and give employees the time and ability to provide the manpower needed to get the job done