1. Why do you believe CSR is an important part of your personal brand?
Van Metre’s participation in the community has given me the opportunity to work alongside various organizations to help raise awareness of important causes that impact no only those in need, but everyone around them. It is important to be involved at every level!
2. Do you believe that the CSR work you participate in should be affiliated with the work you/your company does? For example, should an Oil company’s CSR be in cleaning up oil spills?
To some degree. We are very involved with HomeAid, which is closely related to our industry, however, I do not think it’s necessarily a requirement that has to be made. Being involved with various types of charities and organizations helps to be more aware of our needs as a community.
3. Do you believe contributing back to the community allows you to have a deeper connection with your clients/customers?
Definitely! The Van Metre 5 Mile Run and our annual Cornhole Tournament are held in Brambleton, where a lot of our homeowners reside. It’s great to see customers and familiar faces come out and support these events. To stroke a check, which I still do, is easy but to be personally involved with impacting lives is the most rewarding.
4. What are some events or causes that inspire you and your team?
The Van Metre 5 Mile Run that supports Children’s Hospital and the Cornhole Tournament that benefits HomeAid are two great causes we organize each year. It’s great to see the high participation from the company, as well as the community! The efforts made by all are very inspiring.
5. What advice would you give to individuals trying to find a cause in which to participate?
I would advise anyone who is interested in participating in a cause to go for it! There are countless organizations and fundraisers out here that truly support great causes and impact our everyday lives and it is important to be a part of that.