1. In your opinion, what makes a company innovative?
The willingness to fail fast; to try new things with the understanding that they won't always succeed, and being OK if that's what happens. It's with this approach that the most unique and often successful ideas are born.
2. What makes your company innovative?
Failing fast is one of our core principals. We are open to testing new ideas, new campaigns, and new products with the understanding that they may not all be home runs. This allows us to think creatively and to continue to challenge the status quo.
3. What or who are some innovative companies or people that inspire you and your team?
Airbnb, Zillow, instacart, Uber, TheSkimm.
4. What are some publications, print or digital, you read daily or have read that help you stay on top of your game? These could be books, magazine, blogs, e-newsletters, etc.
TheSkimm, TechCrunch, Mashable, Adweek, Buzzfeed.
5. What advice would you give to up-and-coming leaders striving to be innovative in today’s business environment?
Speak up! No matter your title or position in a company, share your ideas! Some of the best ideas come from people working in other departments on other projects. You'll never regret sharing an idea you're passionate about, even if it doesn't work out or turn into anything. The best companies will see that you're thinking outside (or sometimes inside) the box and value your insight. But if you never speak up, they'll never know.